Thursday 13 August 2009

SOME PREVIOUS RIDES

Since 2005, I have done some spectacular rides. My cycling is achieving recognition in the Press, including BBC TV and Local Radio. The latest is page 122 online magazine International Mountain Bike



Mongolia: I cycled from the North side of the Gobi Desert, through the Khangai Mountains to Karakorum as part of a team raising funds for the National Deaf Children’s Society in 2005.

Chepstow to Holyhead: In 2007 I cycled this route on the National Cycle Network. It is a spectacular 5 day ride through the Brecon Beacons, Black Mountains and Snowdonia

Balti Bike Club: For three years I have joined the Balti Bike Club of Stafford for 100 mile day rides raising funds for charity from Stafford to the Welsh coast. http://www.baltibikeclub.info/2009



Lands End to John O Groats (The Shamrock Route): Last year, I cycled this 1,053 mile route via Ireland to get my pint of Magners.

Western Scotland: In May, I cycled 8 days from Oban to Ullapool through Mull, Skye and the Hebrides.

I try to cycle 60 miles per week at least to maintain fitness and prepare me for my journey up to and beyond the hills of Norway

No comments:

Post a Comment