Friday 4 October 2013

OVER THE SKYE FERRY AT KYLERHEA




The Kylerhea ferry connects Skye to the mainland at Glenelg. It carries 6 cars or 12 bicycles and has a turntable which is pushed manually by two seamen. I was listening to a fellow cyclist who was telling me about his home of self suffiency when a crewman interrupted to tell us that that we had just missed Sean Conway who is swimming from Lands End to John O' Groats. This guy is doing something that has never been done before. He has a great motto "Adventure, in its purest form, is simply a way of thinking".
Well, back to my bike ride today, it climbs a pass close to Ben Aslak then drops an unbelievably steep hill to the ferry. I wanted to see Glenelg and some nearby Brochs.






My journey involved cycling through Glenelg village to Glenelg Brochs where I found the home of my new cycling friend. Sean Conway's website is http://www.seanconway.com/. All I had to do was retrace my route which involved that seriously steep hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment