Saturday 14 December 2013

SEEN FROM THE SADDLE


My first ride in December took me around Bradford on Avon, Corsham, Melksham and along the tow path of the Kennet and Avon Canal, also NCN 4 of the National Cycle Network. Imagine my surprise at finding 150 Santa's coming the other way at Avoncliff Aqueduct.


A few days later, the evening was mild and I felt a bike ride coming on. The Dartmoor Way is close to my home. I wondered if I could find some Christmas lights if I took this route. The whole cycle route offers a 95 mile circular tour of Dartmoor and there are extra routes crossing the high moor in the centre. My short night journey took me across the valleys of Rivers Erme and Yealm, very interesting and slightly spooky at night. I passed the ancient church in Harford, cycled through some woodlands and passed several moorland farms. These are a few images from my journey:





This is the link for The Dartmoor Way. You can also follow me on Twitter.  Happy Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment