Friday 10 April 2015

CELEBRATING THE BRITISH ISLES: THE STORY SO FAR

 
I have started my celebration of the British Isles and so far I have discovered lots of lovely coffee shop and pubs, all locally owned and very friendly. No big chains here.  I have cycled from Taunton to Weymouth and from Aylesbury to Cheltenham, two journeys full of beautiful countryside in Southern England.  Shortly I leave for a ride down the Welsh borders from Chester to Abergavenny with my friend Andy who I first met while cycling in Norway in 2010. Last weekend I toured part of the The Dartmoor Way between Okehampton, Tavistock and Buckfastleigh. This image is where I joined a group of riders from Sustrans on an event and we look back to Ugborough Beacon.
 

 
The Dartmoor Way is 95 miles long while so far this year I have cycled 1,000 miles.  In May I hope to visit Ireland and Scotland. There is so much to look forward to

No comments:

Post a Comment