Monday 15 January 2018

MY NEXT TOUR: ON THE EDGE, A BIKE JOURNEY AROUND IRELAND

I am planning a mini adventure and it starts in April. It will be over 2,000 miles around the coastline of Ireland.  I want to experience Ireland's wild coastline from the Irish Sea to the Wild Atlantic Way and the Antrim Coast. This will be my biggest journey for 8 years. 

On The Edge of Ireland: My Coastal Route Plan
I have cycled in Ireland several times and I have been drawn back to do the big tour. It has a magical quality with stunning cliffs, beautiful beaches, not to mention a warm Irish hospitality. Whether it is black pudding from Clonakilty, locally caught sea food, Guinness or cider, there is much to look forward to.

I will be recording my journey on these pages showing my daily mileages and hills climbed using what I hope are some new skills from a sports watch. 

My journey plan is to cycle 50 miles a day average.  I will do some blog posts beforehand to show my training.

Here's to Old Kinsale Head, Dingle, Achill Island and revisiting some of the North West Cycle Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment