Sunday 14 July 2013

MORNING RIDE IN SOUTH DEVON


Today seemed extra special as I cycled through the quiet Devon lanes where I live. I have cycled these routes many times. I left Ivybridge and went to South Brent. A mile south from here is the Cobbly Way at Avonwick. I clung on for dear life as I bumped over the cobbles and peddled off to Harbeton and Totnes.

It took me a while to realise why today was different. The morning was sunny and hot and it was not just me that appreciated the benefits of the weather. There was no traffic but this alone is not unusual. Cars like main roads and leave my little roads alone. What was special was the sound of birds singing, butterflies everywhere, wild flowers in the hedges and the smell of fresh cut grass for hay making.


No comments:

Post a Comment