Monday 7 May 2018

THE JOURNEY HOME

 


I had decided a few days earlier to divide this tour into two and finish the first half at Galway. The journey was 818 miles and I had visited many of the harbours, little coves, bays, cliffs and headlands after leaving Rosslare. I have seen outstanding scenery and have been left with an immense feeling of satisfaction. I have enjoyed the journey and experienced listening to the birds, watching and hearing the seas and enjoyed the company of many people both Irish and from overseas. I have learned more about Ireland's lifestyle and history too.
There is so much more to see in the rest of Ireland and I simply could not take it all in. I have already decided to come back in 2019 and start in Galway.
If you would like to see my maps and more images they can be seen on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment