Monday 2 April 2018

A WORD FROM MY SHED

During the winter months I often think about my next big bike ride and this year it will be my second longest ever. Today even though it is damp and windy, the signs of Spring are starting to appear. The hedgerows are alive with primroses and bluebells have woken up from their winter slumber to show their leaves. It does not seem long before their colours will appear in all their glory. Frogspawn appeared a month ago and the birds are pairing off to rear their young.

This sets the scene for my ride around Ireland for the scenery and wildlife is stunning. I will be starting very soon. Ireland's coastline is dramatic with steep cliffs, sandy coves, little harbours and plentiful wildlife. It is this that I want to discover in 2018. I want to take lots of photographs and keep a record of my journey on this blog. To show you what cycling around the coastline involves this will be my first day (or days)



Rosslare - Ballyhack
 
I have been to Ireland before. I hope that this journey will be my best yet

No comments:

Post a Comment