Thursday 13 May 2010

DINGWALL - HOME OF THE STAGGIES

I am in Dingwall, home of the Staggies. This is Ross County, Scotland's most Northerley football team. They are playing Dundee United in Saturday's Scottish cup final. It is football crazy here and I say " go for it, Staggies". It would be a formidable victory.

This picture shows where I passed the 1,000 mile mark yesterday. Only 2,600 miles to go. I am up for it.

The Moray coast is dotted with ancient tiny harbours. The snow covered Highlands are in the distance. Tesco at Inverness is a mecca for long distance cyclists, though they do not know it. We are having better weather here than the rest of the country and apparantly for much of Europe as well. Tomorrow, Jo leaves me while I head North towards Thurso. I am ahead of schedule and plan to have a day off before taking the ferry to the Orkney Islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment